Adding new hires into the Yoi platform is a simple and painless process.
Step 1: Go to the All Hires section of the platform and click on the (+) button in the top right.
Step 2: Fill in all fields within the form and click SAVE to add the New Hire.
- Group is an optional field and will only be enabled if your company has set-up Groups within the platform. Groups can be added into the option list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All available templates will be included within the template pulldown. Please select the appropriate template for the new hire being added.
- Unsure about which template to assign? Try finding a peer new hire within the platform that is already using the correct template. For example, if Marianne Wilson above is a peer to the new hire, then clicking on her name will take you to Marianne's Feedback page where immediately beneath her name you can see the template she is on. See below:
- Make sure the start date is accurate. Items within the template are triggered based on date relative to the start date. If the start date was in the past, simply add it in and the template will adjust automatically.
- Time Zone will default to the timezone under the account. If the new hire is not in the same timezone then select the correct timezone to ensure that communications are received by the new hire at the appropriate times.
Step 3: Adding in a new hire's manager.
Managers are required to be added at the same time as their new hire. You can assign an existing manager to a new hire or add in a new manager at this time.
- Start typing in the manager's email address. The field will automatically populate email addresses that match the characters you are typing. If the manager is already in the system then simply select their email address from the pulldown options.
- If the manager is not already in the platform, then complete typing in the full email address and then click the (+) icon beside the email address within the pulldown. It should be the only option available for you.
- A pop-up will appear enabling you to complete adding in the manager's information. Time Zone will again default to the company setting. Note that the email address is a unique identifier. No two users in the platform can share the exact same email address. Click the ADD button to add the manager into the platform.
Step 4: Adding in a new hire's buddy/mentor.
Buddies/Mentors are NOT required to be added at the same time as their new hire. If not assigned then the first action a manager will be tasked with is to add a buddy or mentor for their new hire. The process to add a buddy or mentor, here, is the exact same as the manager above.
Step 5: Click the SAVE button. The new hire will not be added into the platform until the SAVE button is clicked. Any errors in the form submission will be highlighted by RED outlines and messages.