Supervisors can manually upload new hires in bulk through our new bulk upload processor. Directions are as follows:
Step 1: Go to your company's hire page and click the (+) button in the top right.
Step 2: Select the option in the top right to (Bulk Upload).
Step 3: Click to download the defaults csv template.
Step 4: Add your new hire information into the template.
- File will generally open up automatically in your computer within MS Excel or another spreadsheet program.
- Simply add in the information for each hire under the column headings provided. 1 new hire per row.
- No need to leave a row blank beneath the header.
- Save the file as .csv format.
- XLS file format will not work.
- We recommend you name the file with a date extension. Something like "Company A new hires 06_07_2017". That way you can always find which file you had uploaded previously.
Step 5: Find the csv file you saved on your computer and upload it.
- Click on the (Browse) button to find the file in your computer. Once you find it, click the file to select it and then click on the (Open) button to upload it.
- Drag the file from your computer, desktop etc into the Blue Box. No (Open) button necessary, the file will be uploaded automatically once you release the mouse click as long as the cursor and file is positioned within the Blue Box.
Step 6: Upload is processing.
- Your file will begin processing immediately. You will see the screen below.
Step 7a: Processing is complete (everything is fine).
- Processing should complete very quickly (less than 60 seconds for bigger uploads)
- Much faster for smaller uploads.
- Once completed the blue slider will update with a summary of the upload (see below)
- Note that in this report everything went fine. 3 new hires were created. 2 new managers were created since one of the managers above had 2 new hires in the spreadsheet. All the buddies were added and unique.
Step 7b: Processing is complete (errors or duplicates).
- In the example below, the same spreadsheet as above was bulk uploaded again. This would replicate situations where you use the exact same csv file week after week but just add new names to it or update information to it over time.
- 3 New hires were found but none were added since they were already in the system and no change had been made to their information. If the start date had been changed then the file would have updated that hire.
- Note: In the above spreadsheet, we are not uploading a field called Employee ID. That would be required in order to use bulk upload to update a manager, new hire or buddy email address through the bulk upload function. Otherwise you will need to manually update the email address through the Yoi Application within the Employee profile page.
- Only 2 Buddies were found. This is because the email address in the file for one of the buddies was accidentally typed wrong and was invalid.
Step 8: New hires will appear in the "All Hires" section at the top of the list.
- In some cases, you may need to refresh the page to see the hires in the list.
- Note that in this example, the Group was also not provided within the spreadsheet. You could manually add the hire's Group within their Employee profile.